domenica 26 aprile 2009

Respond

Hi girls, today I'm going to comment your posts on plagiarism. Your posts are both well written and well structured. You managed to be coincise, precise and clear. I agree with you Francesca when you say how the limit between plagiarism and influence is not clear-cut: in anything we write, say or think we are influenced by someone else. Especially in academic writing, reporting someone else's theories and thoughts seems to be something we can not avoid. Now we know how to do it properly! Giorgia, I like your idea of Dos & Dont's. The tips you both listed are very useful.

As far as the linguistic aspect of your posts is concerned, I didn't find big mistakes..just a few suggestions:

Francesca
-Talking about plagiarism you wrote: 'I have to admit that its concept is not very clear to me'...maybe 'this concept' here would be better!
-You wrote 'other's work' and 'other's ideas'...isn't it better to write 'others' work' and 'others'ideas' here?
-'something that regard us'.....you forgot an s: 'something that regards us'

Giorgia
The only mistake I found is this: at the end you write '...any kind of suggestions on referencing issue'...here I think the plural would be better: 'referencing issues'!

That's it for the moment...see you!

1 commento:

  1. Hello Valentina,

    It might be clearer if you put your responses as comments directly on your peers' blogs, the ones you're responding too.

    Sarah

    RispondiElimina