mercoledì 1 aprile 2009

Delicious

Hi everyone!
This post is dedicated to social bookmarking, a tool which we just learned to use. Basically, It is all about sharing knowledge, information and recommendations with your peers; there's a very nice website called delicious which makes it possible! It's really simple and quick to use: you enter, look for a topic you are interested in, the site gives you a list of website which deal with it; at this point, you just have to choose the websites you prefer and post them in your personal page. It is also possible to create a network in order to see the websites selected by your peers, which is what we did. What should I say..this is great! First of all, It's a good way to filter the huge amount of information available on the web. Then, it is also very interesting to share information with our course-peers: in looking at the website they chose, I noticed we have many interests in common: learning languages (of course), travelling, reading, writing..It's just like exchanging information with your friends! I mean, we are more or less the same age, we study the same things, we are (almost all) girls...of course we have a lot in common, not only as students but also as persons. So, delicious is a good way to share information on what we like; the fact that a website has been selected by a peer is a sort of guarantee...On the web you can find anything: sometimes a help by someone you trust is the best thing.
In fact, among the websites recommended by my peers I found something very interesting. I explored a website about London posted by Giorgia: two Italian guys living in London keep a blog on their lives there. I spent a couple in months in London, too, so It's always nice for me to read or hear something about it (It is also the city where I fell in love..so you can understand my nostalgia..). I love London, and anything that has to do with it just reminds me of the great time I had there. Moreover, I hope to go back and stay for a longer period; so, any information about it is useful. Anyway, I was expecting to find more about the cultural aspect..but the two guys started keeping the blog only a few months ago...so, we'll see...
Then I chose a website posted by Francesca about vegetarianism. Recently, I've been meeting quite a few vegetarian people, or heard about people I know who became vegetarians. In the flat where I live now there are two of them, so vegetarianism is something we talk about everyday, especially when we cook, of course. Well, this site gives specific information on the topic. In particular, ther's a section called 'meet the animals', which gives detailes on the way they are treated. I agree with all of the points supported by vegetarians, and I don't like meat very much anyway...so I've been considering the idea of taking a definitive decision. Probably more information is what is going to give me a little push. Finally, It's always good to see someone supporting their ideals.
Thanks to both my peers!
See you soon

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento